Monday, February 11, 2008

John McCain Visits the Virginia Aviation Museum in Richmond Today

From all early reports the McCain '08 event in Richmond went well this afternoon. I can't wait to see the pictures. I wonder if they allowed Senator McCain to climb into this Douglas A-4C Skyhawk (pictured above), a U.S. Navy Light Bomber used throughout the Vietnam War and I believe the type of jet flown by the Senator.

The A-4 was a U.S. Navy, carrier based, single-seat bomber manufactured by Douglas Aircraft Corporation from 1956 - 1979. This was the longest production run of any US military fighter aircraft in history. Approximately 2,960 A-4s (all models) were built and believe it or not for only about $860,000 per jet. Now, we regularly spend millions per fighter, i.e. F-22.

1 comment:

scott davidson said...

I had fun choosing this particular painting online that now hangs in my downtown office, from Wahooart.co, who sells canvas prints of art masterpieces. While the original is treasured in some art museum in England, my print http://EN.WahooArt.com/A55A04/w.nsf/Opra/BRUE-8LHS4U, of this painting by Edward Burne-Jones is very much appreciated by my staff and clients. The print quality is really excellent.